MariaDB Query Optimisation is a 2 days team training, specifically designed for novice to expert developers. It is also useful for DBAs who work on index tuning.
This training includes all aspects of query optimisation and index design. It is extremely interactive and it presents many realistic examples. Explanations are designed to make practical examples as intuitive as possible, leading the attendees to understand the necessary concepts by themselves.
- Understanding performance optimisation
- Understanding indexes and their impact on performance
- Operations that can be optimised
- Equality and range searches
- Functions and virtual columns
- Covering indexes
ORDER BY: indexes and materialisation
- Table access order,
- Subqueries vs.
- Transactions and locks
The course is designed for developers of any level, with some relational database working knowledge. A basic SQL knowledge is desirable.
All attendees should have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection. Having a backup connection to use in case of troubles is also desirable.
Attendees should have the following programs installed on their laptops:
- The latest MariaDB stable version, or another
version agreed with the customer before the beginning of the course. It
is recommended that we use the MariaDB version they will use in their
- mysql or mycli command-line interfaces. mysqli is bundled with MariaDB, whereas mycli is an open source project.
- A terminal that allows to run system commands.
The operating system of choice is not relevant, as long as it is not too old or too new to run the MariaDB version of choice.
Cost and timing
The MariaDB Query Optimisation training has a cost of 2,500 GBP and its duration is 2 giorni.
A maximum of 15 attendees is allowed, and we encourage
customers to keep the number of attendees as low as 10. This allows a
good level of interactivity, and ensures that every attendee can obtain
the necessary support.