MySQL Administration Essentials is an introductive team training for new DBAs, and for expert DBAs who are not familiar with MySQL.
The attendees will learn how to perform normal and extraordinary operations on MySQL, like new installations, upgrades, monitoring and backups. They will learn how to configure instances properly and troubleshoot the most common problems.
- MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB: understand the characteristics of each solution
- MySQL architecture
- Storage engines overview
- Binary log
- Error Log, Slow Log and General Log
- Installing from packages or generic binaries
- Basic configuration
- Monitoring MySQL with PMM
- Basic performance tuning
- Backup and restore
- Copying files
- Clone plugin
- Recovering corrupted tables
- Migrations in production (
The course is designed for DBAs or DevOps of any level.
All attendees should have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection. Having a backup connection to use in case of troubles is also desirable.
Attendees should have the following programs installed on their laptops:
- The latest MySQL stable version, or another version agreed with the customer before the beginning of the course. It is recommended that we use the MySQL version they will use in their daily work.
- mysql or mycli command-line interfaces. mysqli is bundled with MySQL, whereas mycli is an open source project.
- A terminal that allows to run system commands.
The operating system of choice is not relevant, as long as it is not too old or too new to run the MySQL version of choice.
Cost and timing
The MySQL Administration Essentials training has a cost of 2,500 GBP and its duration is 2 giorni.
A maximum of 15 attendees is allowed, and we encourage customers to keep the number of attendees as low as 10. This allows a good level of interactivity, and ensures that every attendee can obtain the necessary support.