Vettabase Ltd is an expert team of database consultants. We offer a wide range of professional services for the most popular open source databases: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra. Vettabase professionals help customers by taking care of their database infrastructures and automating routine tasks. Thanks to our experience and vertical competences that are hard to find in the market, we make complex problems simple.
Our mission includes giving great value to our customers, being passionate at what we do, acting as a friendly team where everyone helps each other.
Vettabase is a young company, but it is set to grow fast.
MySQL/MariaDB Consultant (EU timezones)
We expect our new team member to work closely with our customers.
Normally, it means:
- Performance troubleshooting
- Tuning MySQL/MariaDB configuration
- SQL query optimisations
You may also be assigned tasks related to backups, high availability, monitoring and more.
The background for this position includes the following:
- Understanding of MySQL and/or MariaDB configurations;
- Knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB internals;
- Good command of SQL and practical experience doing SQL optimisations;
- Knowledge of Linux, Bash and popular MySQL tools;
- Work experience as a Database Consultant or DBA;
- Knowledge of automation software (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) is preferred; it will make you stand out.
This position is 100% remote. Part-time is possible.
You will work on a contract basis.
Let us know your weekly/monthly availability and your daily/monthly rate.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to: email@example.com