MySQL Replication is a 2 days team training, designed for DBAs who need to setup a High Availability environment based on MySQL native replication.
This training covers the mechanisms that make replication work. You will learn how to setup a replication chain, how to administrate it, what to monitor and how to fix problems.
- Understanding the Binary Log
- Configuring a primary
- How to start and provision new replicas
- Dual-primary setup
- Parallel replication
- Replication filters
- Multiprimary replication
- Delayed replication
- Replica promotion with GTID
- Resolving conflicts with
- Solving conflicts in a single table
- Skipping conflicts to be fixed later
- Monitoring replication:
- Failover with ProxySQL
- Replication best practices
The course is designed for DBAs or DevOps with MySQL working knowledge. A basic SQL knowledge is desirable.
All attendees should have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection. Having a backup connection to use in case of troubles is also desirable.
Attendees should have the following programs installed on their laptops:
- The latest MySQL stable version, or another
version agreed with the customer before the beginning of the course. It is recommended that we use the MySQL version they will use in their daily work.
- mysql or mycli command-line interfaces. mysqli is bundled with MySQL, whereas mycli is an open source project.
- A terminal that allows to run system commands.
The operating system of choice is not relevant, as long as it is not too old or too new to run the MySQL version of choice.
Cost and timing
The MySQL Replication training has a cost of 2,500 GBP and its duration is 2 giorni.
A maximum of 15 attendees is allowed, and we encourage
customers to keep the number of attendees as low as 10. This allows a
good level of interactivity, and ensures that every attendee can obtain
the necessary support.