MySQL Stored Procedures is a team training designed for novice to expert MySQL users. Intended audience includes DBAs, database engineers, analysts and data scientists. Developers can benefit from the training if they plan to work with stored procedures and triggers.
The training covers the necessary skills to implement simple or complex business logic into the database using stored procedures, stored functions, triggers and events. Using JSON to make stored procedures more flexible and integrated with external tools is an important part of the course.
- Overview of stored programs
- Stored procedures and functions
- Parameters and variables
- Control structures
- Error handling
- Server-side Prepared Statements
- Introspection using information_schema
- JSON arrays and objects
- Output and debug messages
- Saving status
- Using triggers to validate data, transform data, or apply defaults
- Good and bad practices
- Advantages and disadvantages of stored procedures
The course is designed for DBAs, devops, data engineers, data scientists, analysts, developers with MySQL working knowledge. Some knowledge of SQL and basic programming skills are required. The attendees need to know how to write a
and understand what a loop is, for example.
All attendees should have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection. Having a backup connection to use in case of troubles is also desirable.
Attendees should have the following programs installed on their laptops:
- The latest MySQL stable version, or another
version agreed with the customer before the beginning of the course. It is recommended that we use the MySQL version they will use in their daily work.
- mysql or mycli command-line interfaces. mysqli is bundled with MySQL, whereas mycli is an open source project.
- A terminal that allows to run system commands.
The operating system of choice is not relevant, as long as it is not too old or too new to run the MySQL version of choice.
Cost and timing
The MySQL Stored Procedures training has a cost of 2,500 GBP and its duration is 2 days.
A maximum of 15 attendees is allowed, and we encourage
customers to keep the number of attendees as low as 10. This allows a
good level of interactivity, and ensures that every attendee can obtain
the necessary support.