MariaDB for Data Engineers is a team training designed for novice to expert MySQL users. Intended audience includesDBAs and DBAs involved in building a pipeline. The attendees will learn how to use a MariaDB replica to transform data written into production MariaDB/MySQL, and how to move data from MariaDB to other technologies.
- Replicating data from and to MariaDB
- Understanding the binary log
- Setting up replication
- Replication filters
- Replicating from multiple masters
- Replication between MariaDB and MySQL
- Importing and exporting data
- CONNECT engine
- Enhancing data
- Virtual columns
- Transforming data with triggers
- Temporal tables
The course is designed for data engineers and DBAs. Some knowledge of SQ and relational databases are required.
All attendees should have a stable and reasonably fast internet connection. Having a backup connection to use in case of troubles is also desirable.
Attendees should have the following programs installed on their laptops:
- The latest MariaDB stable version, or another
version agreed with the customer before the beginning of the course. It
is recommended that we use the MariaDB version they will use in their
- mysql or mycli command-line interfaces. mysqli is bundled with MariaDB, whereas mycli is an open source project.
- A terminal that allows to run system commands.
The operating system of choice is not relevant, as long as it is not too old or too new to run the MariaDB version of choice.
Cost and timing
The MariaDB for Data Engineers training has a cost of 2,500 GBP and its duration is 2 giorni.
A maximum of 15 attendees is allowed, and we encourage
customers to keep the number of attendees as low as 10. This allows a
good level of interactivity, and ensures that every attendee can obtain
the necessary support.