Vettabase is pleased to announce a partnership with Bytebase, a company behind the namesake open-source database DevOps tool, a GitLab for managing databases throughout the application development lifecycle. Bytebase offers a web-based workspace for DBAs and software developers to collaborate and manage schema changes safely and efficiently.
Vettabase is an open source database services company with a focus on database automation founded in July 2020. Vettabase expertise helps the company serve complex MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Cassandra setups while tackling other related technologies and tools.
We encourage Vettabase customers to leverage Bytebase. Some examples of how our clients can benefit from Bytebase include:
- Following the Database as Code paradigm, organisations will be able to implement schema versioning and deployments on all their environments.
- Data Access Control can be configured on environment level to prevent unauthorised reads of sensitive data.
- Similarly, Data Masking can be used to prevent reading of PII (Personal Identifiable Information). This is required by some regulations, such as GDPR in the EU.
Vettabase services are also a perfect fit for Bytebase customers and users.
- We provide Database Health Checks to identify problems that can reduce your database performance or reliability. This includes poor schema design, slow queries, but also non-optimal database configuration, non-optimal system configuration, or inadequate virtual or physical resources.
- We offer training for software developers. While Bytebase remains important to version and validate schema changes, it is equally important that software developers understand query optimisation and the good practices of schema design. For most applications, this will eliminate performance problems and increase application maintainability.
- Our training for data analysts is designed to make analysts more productive by teaching them very advanced SQL features (such as window functions and CTEs). They will also learn query optimisation techniques to obtain results within a reasonable time as some analytics queries can even take days.
- With our Monthly DBA Time service, you can use a package of monthly hours to ask our experts to solve performance problems, run critical tasks, or make sure that your databases are in good health.